There’s no other time or place I would rather be pregnant than right here, right now. All the cool goodies you can get to make life convenient are at your fingertips. All these items are of the highest quality and so easy, easy to use. It’s almost as much fun to shop for my baby than myself, which is saying a lot. Below are some of the best baby items I have found not only functional, easy to use but designed to please the eye.
The great place to find all these items is at The Baby Cubby!
They always price match, even amazon, so you know you’re getting a great deal
They carry only the best and safest gear so you can shop confidently (they spend hundreds of hours researching so you don’t have to)
Free Shipping everyday at BabyCubby.com over $49
- Chicco Key fit 30 Car seat: Conservatively, this is the best deal for your money. It is lightweight, compatible with our stroller and will grow with the baby until at least 12 months old. It has adjustable inserts that protects a newborn until the baby gets bigger.
2. The City Mini Stroller by Baby Jogger: There is a reason this stroller is rated so high. If you ever get the chance to visit Disneyland not only will you see crowds of little kids under two but parking lots of these strollers. This is the Honda of strollers. You’ll get hundreds of miles out of it and holds up through the years. We love the features. The carseat connects to the stroller and with ONE pull it folds up. It’s extremely lightweight and I can easily put it in the trunk. It’s ergonomically designed which makes it comfortable to stroll. We are looking into the City Select for our two littles. But I wouldn’t be opposed to the Double City Mini!
3. Covered Goods Nursing/Carseat Cover: I used this cover all the time with baby number one. It’s stretchy, light and breathable. It’s also stylish and can be used in a number of ways. It’s design makes it so easy to nurse in public and it safely covers the car seat without trapping in warm air. Every new mom needs this. It’s such high quality and will last through one baby and more. There are several designs, it comes in a variety of patterns and it’s affordable!
4. Happy Wrap: Babies need to be close to new mommas and this wrap is perfect. The is soft and light and keeps mom and baby cool.
5. Ergo 360 Carrier– I loved how supportive this carrier was. I loved it more for hikes, long outings and time at the beach!
6. Medela Pump: If you plan on breastfeeding and want a pump this Medela set is a must have. This backpack is so convenient and has an outlet for the the car. It has places for bottles and plenty of storage. I think Medela is the best brand out there and I can’t imagine what pumping would be like without it. And I don’t want to know.
7. Aden & Anis Dream Blanket: If this blanket was bigger I would sleep with it every night! It’s so beautifully made. Babies need lots of blankets to throw on the floor, keep in the car, well, everywhere. I truly love this brand because it’s so soft. You can even have your baby’s initials embroidered on it. See how cute Dax’s initials are.
8. Aden & Anis Swaddles: If you don’t think you need swaddles, trust me, YOU NEED THEM! You need about ten. We used these every day, not only for swaddling, but for spit ups, as light blankets, nursing cover ups and more. You won’t be sorry and you’ll wonder how you ever did without them.
10. Owlet Baby Monitor: Many of my readers have asked if this monitor is really worth the price and do you actually need something to monitor your baby’s breathing and heart rate? I can’t tell you how many times I woke in the middle of the night to check if Dax was breathing. You hear those awful, sad incidences with SIDS. Once you transition your baby to crib and you see him all alone in that big bed you will not be the first mom to check on your baby multiple times. The Owlet Baby Monitor is amazing and this tiny little sock can ease your mind and heart so you can get some quality sleep. No more tip toeing to the baby’s room.
11. Lorena Rugs: I will admit this is more of a luxury than a need. Although investing in a nursery is pricey us mom’s always want it to be special and sweet. These rugs are luxurious. They are beautifully hand made into styles that are unique with a wide range of colors. This rug is the Ombre Gradient Blue style and goes perfectly in the boy’s room. Dax can play and I’m not stressed about spills or mess because they are machine washable. I’ve washed my rug twice it looks brand new.